For shipments using Air Transportation; also known as ICAO. Fulfills US DOT and International Law Training Requirements.
IATA Training is required for any hazmat employee who needs to understand how to use the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR). This includes: Shipping personnel who prepare and sign the shipping papers for air transport, Personnel responsible for classifying hazardous product, and anyone else who meets the definition of a "hazmat employee" and who needs to understand how to read and interpret the IATA Air Regulations.
This 2-Day course is designed for basic shippers, freight forwarders, third party logistics entities, carriers and freight brokers.
- If you ship Radioactive Materials or Explosives additional training is recommended.
- Airline Operator or Ground Handling staff may require additional training based on job function.
IATA 2-Day Initial Course Topics:
- Format of the Regulations
- IATA Section 1 Applicability
- IATA Section 2 Limitations
- Classification of Dangerous Goods
- Using the Alphabetical List of DG's
- Selecting a Packing Instruction
- State and Operator Variations
- General Packing Provisions
- UN Packaging Specification Marks
- Marking and Labeling
- Handling and Safety
- Excepted Quantities
- Limited Quantities
- Limited Discussion of RAM & Explosives
Included with Class:
- IATA Regulations
- Classroom Workbook
- Daily Lunch