Who should take this course? Drivers who are transporting non-bulk cargo that has already been inspected and verified on behalf of the carrier. (Ground) This course may be taken by those needing Initial or Recurrent training.
If you need to be able to conduct a full 49CFR inspection of the dangerous goods, then you should take our DOT/49CFR Ground shipping training, plus this motor carrier module.
Areas that are covered in this Driver Program:
- Motor Carrier Training Requirements
- HMR vx. FMCSR Driving and Parking Rules
- Special Loading Requirements (for different classes of Hazardous Materials)
- USe of the DOT Part 177 Hazmat Segregation Table
- General Awareness, Safety and Security Awareness Training
This program is based on the DOT's own training program for drivers and carriers operating under 49CFR Part 177 (Motor Carrier Requirements). This program also addresses certain elements of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration requirements AS THEY RELATE TO THE TRANSPORT OF HAZARDOUS MATERIALS.
Areas that are NOT covered in this Driver Program:
- Acceptance of Hazardous Materials (initial inspection upon acceptance of HazMat; this is normally a 2 day "acceptance" course)
- Hours of Service Requirements
- Drug and Alcohol Testing
- Areas not directly related to Hazardous Materials
- Tanker and Portable Tank only covered at a General Awareness Level
This course includes: General Awareness and Safety, Hazmat Security Awareness.
Materials Required: When beginning the course follow onscreen prompts to download and print the student workbook. It would also be beneficial to have a copy of the current 49CFR Regulations. If you need a current copy, we suggest purchasing one from our recommended suppliers.
Are any additional training courses required?
- Function Specific Training - Ultimately (in the United States) your employer has final responsibility for determining if a hazmat employee is properly trained for their particular job function. Since there is a potential for limitless types of job functions as determined by an individual employer, we as your training provider can only suggest what types of additional training might be required.
Please note: Prepayment is required for Online Training. Usernames and passwords are emailed once payment is received.