This course is intended for Shippers, Forwarders and Carriers who handle and ship Radioactive Material in the normal course of transportation.
- If you ship Exempted Radioactive Materials (smoke alarms etc.) and are currently (IATA, 49CFR, IMDG) certified, no additional training is required.
- If you ship Excepted Radioactive Materials by air, and are currently IATA certified, you have the option of taking DGI’s Online Excepted Radioactive Materials course.
DGI’s 2-Day Radioactive webinar will fully certify you to classify and prepare Radioactive Materials for shipment in commerce. This course will enable you to transport RAM both domestic and international with ease.
Radioactive Materials 2-Day Course Topics:
- Definitions & Units of Measurement
- Determination of Transport Index (TI)
- Proper Shipping Names
- Packaging selection
- Use of Tables containing A1 & A2 values
- Categorization of Packages
- Marking & Labeling
- Special Limitations
- Accepting RAM for transport
Materials Required: Current edition of the 49CFR is required for this session. If you need a current copy, we suggest purchasing one from our recommended suppliers. Students will be emailed the class workbook which they will download and print; we suggest putting it in a three ring binder.
Recommended supplies: Sticky notes, pens, highlighter, notepaper.
Webinar Hours: 11am - 7pm each day. Eastern Standard Time (includes testing). Sign-in begins 15 minutes prior to class start time. Class times are EST - please adjust according to your time zone.
Student Workbook: students download workbook to view and print student workbook, we suggest putting it in a three ring binder. If you do not print the workbook, you must be able to view it at the same time as the webinar.
Exam taken online at the conclusion of the webinar. Exams must be submitted within 3 hours of completion of the course.
Webinar Hours: All webinars start in East Coast Time - please adjust your time accordingly. Students must sign in 15 minute early.
Training location: We recommend taking the webinar from a location where you will not be distracted by coworkers or daily work duties.
Recommended supplies: Sticky notes, pens, highlighter, notepaper
Please note: The registration period for enrolling in public webinars closes 1 business day prior to the start of class.
Webinar Frequently Asked Questions - Click here!
Included with Class:
- Classroom Workbook
- Prerequisites: Previous hazardous materials training recommended but not required.
- Syllabus: click here
- Terms & Conditions: Click to view