Who should take this course? Forwarder and airline personnel who are currently IATA trained. This Radioactive “upgrade” course is designed for forwarder and airline personnel who are currently IATA trained and who verify shipper’s packages of radioactive materials. (Not for shippers).
This course is designed for forwarder and airline personnel who are currently IATA trained. This Radioactive upgrade course is meant for airline and forwarder staff who need to verify shippers packages of radioactive materials. This is not a course for shippers. This is an additional function specific training add-on to the General Awareness, Safety, Security, and IATA Function Specific Training you already have. Student must have current IATA certification for cargo acceptance. This certificate is function-specific training only. This course is only for airline and forwarder personnel.
- Introduction to Class 7
- Overview of Radioactive “type” packagings (i.e. Type A, B, Excepted, etc)
- Specific examples of consignment procedures (marking, labeling, documentation) for Type A, B and Excepted Packages
- Form of Material
- Use of the IATA Radioactive Checklist
- A1 and A2 Values in IATA
- Handling, Loading and Stowage of Radioactive Materials under IATA
- Transport Index
- Transport Index Limitations of Freight Containers and Aircraft
- Aircraft Activity Limits for LSA Material and SCO
- Aircraft Radiation Level Limitations
- Separation from Persons
- Loading of Live Animals with Radioactive Materials
- Aircraft and Equipment Inspection
Materials Required: When beginning the course follow onscreen prompts to download and print the student workbook. IATA Regulations recommended, but not required. If you need a current copy, we suggest purchasing one from our recommended suppliers.
Are any additional training courses required?
- Function Specific Training - Ultimately (in the United States) your employer has final responsibility for determining if a hazmat employee is properly trained for their particular job function. Since there is a potential for limitless types of job functions as determined by an individual employer, we as your training provider can only suggest what types of additional training might be required.
Please note: Prepayment is required for Online Training. Usernames and passwords are emailed once payment is received.