FREE Security Awareness Training - Provided by the U.S. Department of Transportation PHMSA
IATA, IMDG, DOT, ADR and other regulations around the world require security awareness training for all employees involved in handling or transporting dangerous goods.
Effective March 25, 2003, shippers and carriers of certain highly hazardous materials must develop and implement security plans. In addition, all shippers and carriers of hazardous materials must ensure that their employee training includes a security component.
172.704(a)(4) Security awareness training. No later than the date of the first scheduled recurrent training after March 25, 2003, and in no case later than March 24, 2006, each hazmat employee must receive training that provides an awareness of security risks associated with hazardous materials transportation and methods designed to enhance transportation security. New hazmat employees must receive security awareness training within 90 days after employment.
- The Free Security Awareness program is provided by the Pipeline & Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA)
- When you click the link below, you will be taken to the PHMSA site where you will register and complete the free security Module 7.
- YOU ONLY HAVE TO COMPLETE MODULE 7 - SECURITY.
- Be sure to print your certificate at the end of the course, as DGI does NOT keep record of Security Awareness Training.
- Here are some directions to help your training run smoothly: printable guide
If you have any questions, email DGI at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click this link to obtain your PHMSA/DOT Security Awareness Training: http://dothazmat.vividlms.com
->See below illustration of the registration process